Friday, January 16, 2009

my first online class

I participated in my first completely online class on Wednesday night. I got there a bit early to set up my microphone and wasn't surprised to see a lot of other students from my class there as well. Several people commented on how nervous they were about the upcoming session, and I realized I was a bit nervous too; I didn't know what to expect. I reminded a few people how to set up their microphones so hopefully they felt better after that :P

The actual session produced mixed results. I really enjoyed it, hearing everyone in my class over the microphones, reading their comments and questions, welcoming the 455 class into our session and meeting Chris from Australia. Chris gave a presentation about the social bookmarking site, Delicious. Luckily, I've had a Delicious account for several months now I didn't need to pay as much attention to that presentation because I had a hard time concentrating both on Chris and to the chat happening on the chat board. Everything was very fast-paced, but I felt I was able to keep up in the end. I'm glad that there is the option to save chat files and that Dean posts recordings of the whole session on our website.

Altogther, I was very excited for the online session and didn't come out disappointed. I'm looking forward to next week's class and getting to know more about my classmates on their blogs in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment