Monday, January 26, 2009

to get a turtle or not to get a turtle?


So, I've beeing thinking about getting a turtle for the past week or so now and I have mixed thoughts. They're awesome and cool and I'd love it to bits. I only have to clean the tank very two weeks and feed it once a day. However, turtles live practically forever (30-40 years) and they can grow pretty big. Plus, a tank + filter + food + rocks + sunning platform = $$$. Fortunately, a 20 gallon tank should be good for the first 5-10 years according to the lady at Rose's Family Pets. Is it worth it? Thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

  1. GET THE TURTLE!! If it is something you really want you should go for it (as long as your budget is flexible enough to afford it). I am pretty sure you'll regret it if you don't...and if you ever get sick of the turtle I have always wanted one... ;) Have you picked a name yet? If you do eventually get the turtle you should send out a google survey and have a name picking contest! Just a fun suggestion...

    PS - Thanks for your comments, I am relieved to hear someone has the same fears and concerns that I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend had a turtle a long long time ago, it was cool, but it was really stinky (but I guess all animals kind of stink :P). If you do get a turtle you should probally get it 3 more turtle friends and a rat master. Then you should put muta-gen on them so they mutate...and well, you probally know the story from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know Robin, I also want a turtle! But the down side is that I have heard that they really really stink...?? Maybe something to think about!

    ReplyDelete