Wednesday, February 11, 2009

mentorship with Mrs. Jennifer Clark Evans

Hello all,

So the reason I haven't been posting much is that I've been trying to set up my mentorship classrooms! I'm very excited for this project, even if it means stealing more of my precious free time. Oh well! I have heard back from all of my mentorship teachers, but I'm only ready to go with one so far so I'll just tell you about her class.

Mrs. Jennifer Clark Evans and her Grade 11 english class are from Fredericksburg, VA. Each student has a blog and has various mini-assignments to post on their blog often. They have been using blogs for a while, so Jennifer's goal now is to make their blogs more personal and reflective, and to connect her students to a wider audience.

I had an idea to have 'blog-pals' (like penpals) with another of my mentorship classrooms, but the other teachers are in the middle of progress reports and aren't quite ready for my assistance yet. Once they are back into the swing of things, I'll run the idea by them.

Jennifer would also like to teach her students to use Delicious or Digg. I volunteered to help out with Delicious, but if she chose Digg I could also create an account there to learn with and help the students.

I'm very excited to be giving students feedback on their blogs via comments and hope that I can help widen their experience!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting Robin! I am sure you will have a great time with this class. You are very helpful in our class and the kids will likely love your comments.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete