Monday, February 23, 2009

mentorship with Mrs. Maria Knee

I have already posted about my mentorship with Mrs. Clark Evans Grade 11 English class, so now I get to tell you about my beginning experience with Mrs. Maria Knee's kindergarten class in Deerfield, New Hampshire.

I was very surprised to see a kindergarten class blogging, so I was quite excited when I got the chance to work with this class. Their blogs are very interesting and informative. Their last posts were about spiders, so they all posted picture of spiders that they made on the computer, using Microsoft Paint I assume. The students are already adding colour virtually, making sure their spiders only have eight legs, adding details like webs and flies/ants, and sometimes adding text to let the views now what's happening in their picture(s).

Another really neat thing is that I wasn't the only one commenting on their blogs. Almost every student blog had at least tow other comments from various people; their parents, brothers or sisters, older buddies, and random teachers from across the United States who probably met Mrs. Knee online.

I am looking forward to working with this class for the rest of the semester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment