Thursday, March 5, 2009

tech task 11B

After successfully making a slideshow on Smilebox, I started exploring some more sites from Alan Levin's 50+ Ways to Tell a Story. My goal for my second story was to find a tool where I could mix videos and pictures taken on my camera.

I checked out ToonDoo, even though I wasn't really looking to make a comic, and discovered it is very easy to use. You just drag and drop characters, backgrounds, props, bubbles, etc. Plus, you can upload your own photos to ToonDoo if you want. I bookmarked this site in Delicious for future use.

Next, I went to SplashCast, which according to Alan's site says you can upload video and pictures - exactly what I was looking for. However, the site must have changed; it is now a site that focuses on 'elusive 15-34 year-olds'. You can watch TV shows on this site, but no where could I find a 'registed' button, only a 'log-in' button.

Giving up, I moved on to JayCut, which also claimed to use pictures and video. It did just that, in a format similar to iMovie, but it got to complicated for me. If I had more time and really wanted to spend hours on editing a video, then this site would be very useful.

Finally, I chose the site Animoto. I wanted to avoid this one originally because several others people have used it, but it in the end, it functioned the way I needed it to. Plus, it looks really cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin,

    If you're interested in creating comics online, also check out Pixton.com. You can articulate your characters into any position you want just by clicking and dragging. Read comics in over 40 languages, with our automatic translation by Google. Sign-up is free.

    Try it out and let us know what you think!

    thanks,

    Clive
    Creator of Pixton - Interactive Web Comics

    ReplyDelete