Friday, January 22, 2010

Frustration

So, my practice session today did not go very well. My chords are pretty horrible, I'm having problems keeping my fingers in the right places. Sometimes they touch other strings, or they aren't strong enough to keep curved or they just plain hurt too much.

Scales are going much better because I don't have those particular problems. I am using a pick, as my goal is to learn to strum so I think I should practice using it (even though it's easier to pluck out a scale than to pick it, in my opinion).

Plus, my C scale and chords haven't really improved since I recorded them last week. So, I am frustrated. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I haven't actually played with someone who can watch me and give me advice. Hopefully Monday's class will be able to supply me with some advice and mostly renewed hope.

Sorry for the somewhat depressing post. Here's to a better practice session this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment